A Norbertine venture:
St Norbert School is a Norbertine venture. St Norbert School was founded in 2004 under the Jnanadeepthi Educational Society with the sole aim of providing meaningful education leading to the transformation of children to a meaningful role in the society of tomorrow embracing the most up to date technology of today. St Norbert School is one of the well-known schools in Chickmagalur and the surrounding districts, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education – (CBSE) – New Delhi. Today it has grown into a school with a difference.
St Norbert P U College: also a Norbertine venture under the aegis of the Jnanadeepthi Educational Society was started in 2014 affiliated to the Department of Pre-University Education recognised by the Government of Karnataka from the session 2015-16. The College offers courses in Science (PCMB/PCMC) and Commerce with Kannada or Hindi as optional languages.
Striving to be the best, we rise above the rest, through education and transformation.
1. To nurture and run an English medium School in the real sense in letter and spirit at par with the best in India.
2. To provide an atmosphere that ensures success for all students by providing specific, measurable, and attainable academic and co-curricular goals.
3. To faithfully implement the CBSE academic curriculum, providing a positive, safe, and nurturing environment, and ensuring effective communication among all stakeholders.
4. To provide an environment in which every individual is cared for spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally while seeking to develop the academic potential of every student.
5. To provide a stimulating learning environment with a technological orientation across the whole curriculum that includes the use of technology in the day-to-day teaching - learning process.
6. To encourage students of all abilities to achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural and sporting activities.
Right knowledge can set us free. Christ, who taught that, “Truth shall set you free,” is the source of our inspiration. The School is named after St Norbert, the founder of the Norbertine Order. The seminal influence of the motto of the Order, “Prepared for all Good Work” permeates all our educational activities.
The Motto of the School is “Education and Transformation”. We aspire to be in the league of the best educational institutions in India.
The School aims for the holistic development of the child and hence we will ensure the moral, intellectual, physical, social and emotional well-being of each individual student so that they achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural and sporting activities such that they are prepared to take their rightful place as leaders of the society of tomorrow.